Monday 19 November 2007

Happy Birthday to me............................




Today is my birthday and I'm the grand old age of 43!

I have mixed feelings about my birthday today as a year ago on my birthday, my darling mum was taken into hospital after collapsing at home. She had been ill with emphysema for 15 years and sadly after struggling for 10 days in ICU she died. I was honoured to be with her at the time and I miss her very much. I will be lighting a candle for my mum, Millie over the next ten days.

I've spent today quietly(ish) - I decided to go to Oban on the first ferry and have my hair done. I begged my stylist to do the impossible and perform a miracle - make me look 23 again and disguise all my grey hairs!

We agreed on a compromise and I think he's done a fabulous job - he got rid of my grey hairs with some lovely warm reds and chestnuts but I accepted that making me look 23 again was probably beyond even his magical skills. Never mind I like what he has done.


I got home this evening and my lovely family have been busy all day preparing a birthday feast for me.

The table was beautifully set with candles and champagne glasses, cards and gifts. John had cooked a chicken curry complete with poppadums, naan bread, and all the pickles, chutneys and accompaniments you can think of; and Amanda put her culinary skills together and baked me a lemon meringue pie. Scrummilious!!



I'm absolutely stuffed and couldn't eat or drink another thing. I'm full of food, drink and brimming over with love from my gorgeous husband and lovely children.


Thank you everyone for making today such a special, lovely and memorable birthday.

PS: If anyone can tell me what I've done wrong with my profile and photo I'd be ever so grateful. I've tried starting a blog for Megan called Megan's World but it seems to have overwritten everything I'd written about me! I don't mind being called Megan and looking so cute and adorable but I think my husband might...........maybe not!



5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jane, or do you call yourself Megan these days? I was 43 this year on 28th October, we are Scorpio twins! Since I turned 40 I have been having my hair died with a permanent brown tones rinse, a semi-permanent by no means covers up the grey hairs these days, I do think you feel younger with your hair coloured, I just wish there was a cheap option for eliminating the lines and wrinkles too. Fancy being greeted at home with such a lovely meal and lemon meringue pie is my John's favourite pudding, I love all puddings! Regarding Megan taking over your blog, when I started my home blog I had to set myself up with another AOL screen-name, as it was overwriting my garden blog which is under John's screen-name, could this be the same problem as you have? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to you, a fellow scorpio! it sounds like you had a lovely day. i'm sorry to hear about your mom, but i bet she was w you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! (and a heartwarming, however bittersweet remembrance of your mum) :)

    This Gemini is surrounded by Scorpio friends/blogger friends, and loving every vibrant minute!!! :DDx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments and kind words.

    I'm glad to hear you are either scorpios or geminis. My dad, brother, sister and one of my sons are geminis. My mum was a leo and had the courage of a lion. She was definately with me yesterday - she showed up as a robin and a rainbow. I'll tell you more about that in another post :-)

    Thanks Louise for your suggestion about the blog an dscreen name. I'll have a go in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Jane..I hope your birthday wasn't too bittersweet..without your dear Mum being there.. I do empathise.
    I am sure she was there with you in spirit and lives on in you..
    I am just about in the 40's club but just sliding towards the 50's club and trying hard to backpeddle!
    Michelex

    ReplyDelete

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If you think life is a struggle you will always be struggling; if you think life is a breeze, your attitudes and actions will convey lightness and easiness